Connecting cluster with different cookies

James Aimonetti james@REDACTED
Mon Aug 9 18:40:32 CEST 2021

Raimo Niskanen writes:

> The question is now, is this an essential feature / how
> important is this feature?

In the KAZOO project, we support setting different cookies for
connecting to our C-node code in the FreeSWITCH project. This has been
in place for over 8 years.

While I do not think anyone really uses this feature, I also know that
with our recent preliminary release of KAZOO 5.0, we've found folks
using corners of the software that we did not anticipate.

I would not call this an essential feature for our project, personally,
but I am also not relishing finding that one cluster which relies on
unique cookies for some reason.

I've put out a question to our OPS team and our open source forum. If
any users require it as part of their operations, I'll forward that
along.

--
James Aimonetti

Lead Systems Architect