Problems compiling a non-discloseable ASN.1 spec

Jörg Heßdörfer Joerg.Hessdoerfer@REDACTED
Fri Apr 30 17:03:30 CEST 2021

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile an ASN.1 spec with erlc (23.3), but I'm getting
the following error message:

DSRC:25: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax

unfortunately I'm not allowed by license to disclose the original ASN.1
files (SAE J2735ASN-201603).

This happens when compiling *another* module (AddGrpC.asn), *not*
DSRC.asn. Also, in DSRC there is no direct reference to AddGrpB, at
least not on line 25(?).

When trying to compile DSRC itself, I get

DSRC:147: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax
DSRC:278: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax
DSRC:325: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax
DSRC:848: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax
DSRC:862: addGrpB is not the next item allowed according to the defined
syntax

needless to say, when interpreting the numbers as line numbers, there is
no reference to AddGrpB in sight. BTW, AddGrpB.asn1 compiles fine...

How can I find out what is going on here? Is there any way to get more
information from the compiler? Or has anyone being able to compile SAE
standard J2735ASN-201603 using erlc?

Thank you and best regards,

     Jörg

--

Jörg Heßdörfer
S.E.A. Datentechnik GmbH

Informationen nach 37aHGB, 35a GmbH-Gesetz:
S.E.A.
Science& Engineering Applications
Datentechnik GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft Köln
Handelsregister Köln HRB 27016
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Gerd Schmitz, Wolfram Koerver