Best REST REST API Library for a new learning project?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Mon Apr 19 15:57:43 CEST 2021

If you're using Erlang on the backend - perhaps you might consider
PouchDB in the app, and CouchDB on the backend.

Miles Fidelman

Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> On 2021-04-19 09:28, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:
>
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I want to build a small private chat as exercise.
>
> I have already a frontend GUI, so I'd like to build /only/ the backend
> API in Erlang, with REST JSON API.
>
> I have some trouble to find out a REST API library based on JSON (the
> one you use with Angular/React front end, to be clear).
>
> REST API:
>
> Here https://github.com/drobakowski/awesome-erlang#rest-and-api
>
> leptus (2018) and rooster (2017) are quite old. I was able to run
> leptus on Erlang 23 after fixing some old lib deps, but leptu web site
> seems down and I cannot understand if it is maintained.
>
> Someone have suggestions?
>
> Also a full example would be okey... I have found this
>
> https://github.com/fishballian/chatBus
>
> but it is quite old, and the erlbus library did not work properly on
> my branch based on rebar3 (it seems to depend on a removed pg2
> library).
> <https://github.com/daitangio/chatBus/tree/migration-to-erlang-23>
>
> There are some recent examples I can look for?
>
> As usual, thank you in advice and happy week!
>
> --
> Giovanni Giorgi via webmail

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown