specialized file systems?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Thu Sep 24 02:42:52 CEST 2020

Hi Folks,

It occurs to me to wonder, has anybody done any work on specialized file
systems for supporting large, actor-oriented systems?

It strikes me that every once in a while someone develops something -
like Hadoop FS - that's tailored to the dynamics of different processing
models.

Anybody have a reference to some kind of good reference?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown