difficulty getting mnesia to work with cowboy web backend

Eric PAILLEAU eric.pailleau@REDACTED
Sun Oct 25 09:53:28 CET 2020

Hi,
you are confusing external dependancies and code dependancies.

DEPS variable in Erlang.mk is to download locally external projects your
project is depending.

You have to add in your .app  (or legacy .app.src) the list of
applications your own application is depending.

mnesia is internal to OTP, it comes with the release, there is no need
to declare it as external dependancy.

For instance a zotonic_mod_ratelimit.app.src file

{application, zotonic_mod_ratelimit, [
    {description, "Rate limiting of authentication tries and other types
of requests."},
    {vsn, {file, "../../VERSION"}},
    {registered, []},
    {applications, [kernel, stdlib, *mnesia*, zotonic_core]},
    {modules, []},
    {maintainers, []},
    {licenses, ["Apache 2.0"]},
    {links, [{"GitHub", "https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic"}]}