erlang:system_info(cpu_topology) strange behavior

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Thu Oct 8 19:47:20 CEST 2020

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 7:36 PM Frank Muller <frank.muller.erl@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Answering my own question.
>
> The second attempt worked because I was under “root”.
>
> Attaching to the release with -remsh failed because the node was running
> under user “orca” which has less privileges.
>
> Is this an expected behavior?
>
> /Frank

The runtime system gets the information about cpu topology by reading files
under /sys/devices/system/. If it cannot read and parse the files there, it
will fail to detect the cpu topology. Seems like only root is allowed to
read that part of the file-system in your case.

Regards,
Rickard Green

--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB