gen_tcp:connect will close when using supervisor.

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Nov 24 20:49:52 CET 2020

While this is true, we also typically recommend not deploying from the
shell, and until earlier this year had a very visible warning always
displayed advising people not to do that. The rebar3 shell is meant for
development first and foremost, and has default configured options that are
convenient for rebar3 but may not fit your application and that you may not
want to marry yourself to in the long run.

If you want to see `rebar3 new release my_app`, you will get everything
required in the configuration file and structure to call 'rebar3 release'
and generate the release you can boot with a single script whose path is
output at the end of the command.

Regards,
Fred.