Erlang C-node (sockets, accepts, e.t.c.)

Stanislav Ledenev s.ledenev@REDACTED
Fri Nov 20 16:11:03 CET 2020

Hi,

We are going to write a C-node for communication with our Erlang node.
And we are going to use the erl_interface library.

I need information on how many sockets are used in nodes communication?
One socket for a node? One socket for a message? E.t.c.
I'd like to know this for understanding how differentiates the "classic"
model of
work with sockets (http server, e.t.c.) and model of work when writing
C-node.

"Classic" for me (server side, brief) is:

        socket

         bind

     +-> listen(select)
     |     |
     ------+ --'new thread'

                 accept

               recv/send

             close (accept)

Is it relevant for C-node? One accept per one client/connection?
Or one accept per one erlang message?