Trouble with epmd and profilers

Joao Fukuda joao.fukuda@REDACTED
Thu Nov 19 19:18:23 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm having some problems running a profiler (Erlyberly).

So... The program runs epmd on a non-default port 4506 (instead of the default 4369) and the profiler connects to the epmd to do the profiling.
I've tried to change the port Erlyberly connects to the epmd (through the environment variable ERL_EPMD_PORT) and it works fine on a simple program I made, but for some reason it does not work on the program I need it to run on!

I ran epmd with debug mode on port 4506 to see what was happening and I can't understand a thing of what's going on. I have the outputs as attachments and the description of the scene is at the beginning of the file.

If this is of any help, I'm running Erlang/OTP 20 on Debian.

Fukuda