Patch Package OTP 23.1.2 Released

Erlang/OTP otp@REDACTED
Thu Nov 5 15:44:01 CET 2020

Patch Package:           OTP 23.1.2
Git Tag:                 OTP-23.1.2
Date:                    2020-11-05
Trouble Report Id:       OTP-16939, OTP-16951, OTP-16955, OTP-16991
Seq num:                 ERL-1343, ERL-1384
System:                  OTP
Release:                 23
Application:             compiler-7.6.5, erts-11.1.2
Predecessor:             OTP 23.1.1

 Check out the git tag OTP-23.1.2, and build a full OTP system
 including documentation. Apply one or more applications from this
 build as patches to your installation using the 'otp_patch_apply'
 tool. For information on install requirements, see descriptions for
 each application version below.

 --- compiler-7.6.5 --------------------------------------------------

 The compiler-7.6.5 application can be applied independently of other
 applications on a full OTP 23 installation.

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

  OTP-16951    Application(s): compiler
               Related Id(s): ERL-1384

               Fixed a bug in the boolean optimization pass that
               caused the compiler to confuse different clauses.

 Full runtime dependencies of compiler-7.6.5: crypto-3.6, erts-11.0,
 hipe-3.12, kernel-7.0, stdlib-3.13

 --- erts-11.1.2 -----------------------------------------------------

 The erts-11.1.2 application can be applied independently of other
 applications on a full OTP 23 installation.

 --- Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions ---

  OTP-16939    Application(s): erts

               Fixed bugs causing issues when enabling the ERTS
               internal allocators on a system built with the
               undocumented and unsupported SMALL_MEMORY feature.

  OTP-16955    Application(s): erts
               Related Id(s): ERL-1343, OTP-15618

               The inet driver used to use 16 as maximum elements in
               an I/O vector passed to writev() (and WSASend() on
               Windows). When the data to send contained lots of
               elements, this caused a performance degradation since
               repeated calls to writev() had to be made to a much
               larger extent. The inet driver now looks up actual
               maximum amount of elements that can be used on the
               system, instead of just assuming 16. On most systems
               this will result in a maximum amount of I/O vector
               elements of 1024.

               As of OTP 23.0 the term encoding of signals to send
               over the distribution are encoded into I/O vectors of
               buffers instead of into a single buffer. Reference
               counted binaries are referred to directly from the I/O
               vector instead of being copied into the single buffer.
               That is, Erlang signals containing huge amounts of
               reference counted binaries was effected by this
               performance degradation.

  OTP-16991    Application(s): erts
               Related Id(s): OTP-15251

               In the distributed case, a faulty reply option in a
               call to the spawn_request() BIF erroneously caused a
               badarg exception instead of a badopt error message
               reply.

 Full runtime dependencies of erts-11.1.2: kernel-7.0, sasl-3.3,
 stdlib-3.13