JSON in OTP

Jacob jacob01@REDACTED
Thu Nov 5 13:21:31 CET 2020

Hello,

On 11/5/20 11:14 AM, Viktor Söderqvist wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. I just thought it's convenient that a standard
> library provides convenient stuff, but a good package system can do
> that as well.

AFAICS, one issue of not having a JSON encoder/decoder in the base
system is, that this prevents platform independent releases from doing
performant conversions if this requires a native implementation. Of
course I'd prefer, if the JIT made performance-only-NIFs unnecessary
someday. I already have worked for a project where platform specific
releases were necessary only because of JSON.

Jacob