JSON in OTP

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Nov 4 17:11:31 CET 2020

The answer is that looking back maybe we should have added JSON
encode/decode to OTP 12 years ago, but now there are a number of good
separate JSON libraries
outside OTP so why should we (the OTP team) take on the task of developing
and maintaining a JSON library.
Why is it better to include the JSON lib in OTP than to have it separate?
We have:
jsx, jsone, jiffy, .... to name a few

We or someone else could create an OTP+ distribution which includes OTP +
other popular non OTP applications. I even think Erlang Solutions has done
that at some point.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson