Re: Supervisor and configuration update — how to do it?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri May 22 16:52:27 CEST 2020

I have the same repeated pattern in many places:

I start process, it has some configuration that can be read and
changed on fly without disconnecting sockets and releasing resources.

This process has some siblings-helpers that are launched after it and
that are connected to him. Usually this is a one-for-all-of-them
strategy.

I think of trying to find some common and reasonable pattern here with
editing supervisor there.

Right now we mostly use external configuration converger: process that
sleeps for several seconds and then wakes up and starts checking if
whole system if properly configured: all required processes are
started or killed.

It works, but it is not as smooth as it can be.