Using Elixir dependencies in Erlang (umbrella) apps

Marc Worrell marc@REDACTED
Fri May 1 11:59:31 CEST 2020

Hi,

We are investigating if it is possible to use Elixir apps in Erlang projects.

There are a couple of rebar3 plugins that aim to make this possible:

https://hex.pm/packages/rebar3_elixir_plugin

https://hex.pm/packages/rebar3_elixirc

https://hex.pm/packages/rebar3_elixir_compile

Has anybody any experience using these plugins?

We have an umbrella Erlang app and would like to be able to
use some Elixir libraries that don’t have good Erlang equivalents.

Might also be an option to turn our Erlang umbrella app into an Elixir
umbrella app, anybody having experience with that? The top level Erlang
source code is next to nothing.

Cheers,

Marc