The Mystery of the Vanishing Message's Dead Lock

Andreas Schultz andreas.schultz@REDACTED
Fri Jul 24 09:17:32 CEST 2020

Fred,

The original report for the socket related message problem actually spawned
two fixes. The reproducer for that bug did not use gen_server, but my
original problem did occur within one.
One fix was the compiler issue in ERL-1076 that you mentioned in your first
email. The other was OTP-16241 [1] and [2]. This second problem feels a bit
like your issue.

Regards,
Andreas

[1]: http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2019-October/098660.html
[2]:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/b1e7e16032b719cb62280b7f6095fce51aa8b7b2

Am Fr., 24. Juli 2020 um 00:59 Uhr schrieb Michael Truog <mjtruog@REDACTED

--

Andreas Schultz

--

Principal Engineer

t: +49 391 819099-224

------------------------------- enabling your networks
-----------------------------

Travelping GmbH
Roentgenstraße 13
39108 Magdeburg
Germany

t: +49 391 819099-0
f: +49 391 819099-299

e: info@REDACTED
w: https://www.travelping.com/
Company registration: Amtsgericht Stendal
Managing Director: Holger Winkelmann
Reg. No.: HRB 10578
VAT ID: DE236673780