Deprecation of erl_boot_server

João Henrique Freitas joaohf@REDACTED
Thu Dec 10 17:16:18 CET 2020

Hello Lukas,

I use erl_boot_server in an internal/under development tool aimed for
helping running heterogeneous integration tests from common tests or
ex_unit in a
docker compose like environment. The erl_boot_server is used when one of
the nodes (docker container) needs to load code (e.g: web application) and
configuration
using test specific parameters. I could use another solution for
erl_boot_server if it gets removed one day.

IMO, I think erl_boot_server and erl_prim_loader really interesting when
looking at some possible use cases in embedded context and cloud as well.

Is it possible to move erl_boot_server and erl_prim_loader to an external
open source project or something like that ?

Thanks

--
João Henrique Ferreira de Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com
Campinas-SP-Brasil