Static Erlang

Grzegorz Junka list1@REDACTED
Tue Aug 4 21:33:53 CEST 2020

On 04/08/2020 16:32, Łukasz Niemier wrote:
>> Is it possible to compile Erlang Beam statically
> Yes

Would you know the configure options that should work?

>> so that when I am doing a release it doesn't require any dynamically loaded libraries on the host to which the release is being deployed?
> Hard to tell, as if you will use any NIFs then it will be problematic, as in general binaries have hard time when there are 2 libc loaded at the same time.
>
> Instead you can build container (by which I mean just tarball with all needed binaries instead of Docker image) and then run it with any container runtime (and I do not mean Docker there either, there are runtimes like Podman or just using systemd-nspawn directly).

I am not using NIFs. I am just interested in the Erlang runtime. And I
need to be able to run it directly on the host, so any containerization
won't help - I am assuming a bare host with no packages installed.
systemd maybe could be an option but this system doesn't use systemd, it
isn't even Linux but this detail shouldn't matter.

Sounds like it wasn't designed to work this way. Thanks for help anyway.

GrzegorzJ