Virtual BEAM meetup today @ 6pm BST, 10am PST

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Thu Apr 23 17:11:41 CEST 2020

Hi All,

last month, the London Meetup decided to go virtual. We ended up having
attendees from all over Europe, Africa, the Indian Ocean, North, Central
and South America (and anything there in-between). What we thought was
going to be a local for us Londoners in lock-down event ended up being a
global one. The next meetup is scheduled for tonight. Whilst Covid19 is
keeping us apart, we've found it has brought us together and erased
boundaries. If you have no plans, feel free to join us. When done, we
will move into breakout rooms where we can socialize in smaller groups
whilst the speakers and organizers move from room to room to say hi and
answer questions.

https://www.meetup.com/erlangusergroup/events/270041921/

We have two great speakers. If interested, please register. Talks start
at 6pm BST, 7pm CEST and 10am PST:

Talk 1: Data collection and processing on a massive scale with Erlang
and Elixir.

Abstract: Game Analytics use Erlang and Elixir for massive scale data
collection, data processing and high traffic APIs for mobile devices
such as remote configurations and A/B testing. In this talk, Magnus and
Ramon discuss how and why they use the BEAM to manage and monitor their
infrastructure.

Speaker bio: Magnus Henoch and Ramón Lastres Guerrero are Senior
Software Engineer at London based Game Analytics, carrying out ambitious
projects in Erlang and Elixir.

Talk 2: It’s Macro Time!

Abstract: In this session, Evadne will demonstrate practical use of
macros in your Elixir programs, which simplify code and enhance performance.

Speaker bio: Evadne is a technologist with design/implementation
background in HCI and can offer a wide scope of expertise in software
architecture, high-fidelity prototyping, service architecture, and
operations management. She is currently based in London where she works
for Faria Education.

Hopefully see you tonight!

Francesco

--

Code Sync & Erlang Solutions Conferences
<https://www2.codesync.global/l/23452/2019-11-13/6sypwx>

*
*

Code BEAM
Lite ITA - Bologna: Rescheduled

Code BEAM STO - Stockholm: Rescheduled

ElixirConf EU - Warsaw: 7-8 October 2020

Code Mesh - London: 5-6 November
2020

*
*

Erlang Solutions cares about your data and privacy; please find
all details about the basis for communicating with you and the way we
process your data in our Privacy Policy
<https://www.erlang-solutions.com/privacy-policy.html>. You can update your
email preferences or opt-out from receiving Marketing emails here
<https://www2.erlang-solutions.com/email-preference?epc_hash=JtO6C7Q2rJwCdZxBx3Ad8jI2D4TJum7XcUWcgfjZ8YY>.