[erlang-questions] Call for Contributions: BOB 2020 [Feb 28, Deadline Nov 8]

Michael Sperber sperber@REDACTED
Tue Sep 17 11:04:12 CEST 2019

                         BOB Conference 2020
         "What happens when we use what's best for a change?"
                  http://bobkonf.de/2020/cfc.html
                         Berlin, February 28
                        Call for Contributions
                     Deadline: November 8, 2019

You are actively engaged in advanced software engineering methods,
implement ambitious architectures and are open to cutting-edge
innovation? Attend this conference, meet people that share your goals,
and get to know the best software tools and technologies available
today. We strive to offer a day full of new experiences and
impressions that you can use to immediately improve your daily life as
a software developer.

If you share our vision and want to contribute, submit a proposal for
a talk or tutorial!

NOTE: The conference fee will be waived for presenters. Travel
expenses will not be covered (for exceptions see "Speaker Grants").
Speaker Grants

BOB has Speaker Grants available to support speakers from groups
under-represented in technology. We specifically seek women speakers
and speakers who are not be able to attend the conference for
financial reasons.

Shepherding
-----------

The program committee offers shepherding to all speakers. Shepherding
provides speakers assistance with preparing their sessions, as well as
a review of the talk slides.

Topics
------

We are looking for talks about best-of-breed software technology, e.g.:

- functional programming
- persistent data structures and database
- event-based modelling and architectures
- types
- formal methods for correctness and robustness
- abstractions for concurrency and parallelism
- metaprogramming
- probabilistic programming
- math and programming
- controlled side effects
- beyond REST and SOAP
- effective abstractions for data analytics
- ... everything really that isn’t mainstream, but you think should be.

Presenters should provide the audience with information that is
practically useful for software developers.

We're especially interested in experience reports.
Other topics are also relevant, e.g.:

- introductory talks on technical background
- overviews of a given field
- demos and how-tos

Requirements
-------------

We accept proposals for presentations of 45 minutes (40 minutes talk +
5 minutes questions), as well as 90 minute tutorials for
beginners. The language of presentation should be either English or
German.

Your proposal should include (in your presentation language of choice):

- An abstract of max. 1500 characters.
- A short bio/cv
- Contact information (including at least email address)
- A list of 3-5 concrete ideas of how your work can be applied in a developer's daily life
- additional material (websites, blogs, slides, videos of past presentations, …)

Submit here:

https://bobcfc.active-group.de/en/bob2020/cfp

Organisation
------------

- Direct questions to contact at bobkonf dot de
- Proposal deadline: November 8, 2019
- Notification: November 22, 2019
- Program: December 6, 2019

Program Committee
-----------------

(more information here: https://bobkonf.de/2020/programmkomitee.html)

- Matthias Fischmann, Wire
- Matthias Neubauer, SICK AG
- Nicole Rauch, Softwareentwicklung und Entwicklungscoaching
- Michael Sperber, Active Group
- Stefan Wehr, factis research

Scientific Advisory Board

- Annette Bieniusa, TU Kaiserslautern