[erlang-questions] Difference between esl-erlang and erlang rpm packages

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Tue Sep 10 05:48:52 CEST 2019

On 2019/09/10 1:02, Zachary Kessin wrote:
> We have been using the esl-erlang package here for some time now and
> were wondering what is the difference between the esl-erlang and the non
> esl labeled packages on the esl RPM repository.

Last I remember, the labeling indicates how the internal applications
and utilities are packaged.

I might have these backwards in my head, but IIRC:

- The "esl-erlang" package has everything rolled into one bundle. This
is a Bad Thing in some communities (and not everyone wants everything).
- The "erlang" package is the start of a set that packages each utility
and application separately across different rpms.

-Craig