[erlang-questions] ODBC SQL_BIGINT type

Tyson Buzza tyson.buzza@REDACTED
Tue Sep 3 15:06:02 CEST 2019

Does anyone know why the ODBC SQL_BIGINT is implemented as SQL_C_CHAR?
There must be a reason for it, but this code is 10 years old so I'm not
sure who to ask. I'm wondering if the original reason would even be
relevant anymore.

I'm currently writing an Ecto adapter using ODBC and this is making it
difficult. If you use a big int in your schema, Ecto expects an integer and
gets a string instead. Either way the solution is to create a cache holding
the type information and parse the string if a number is expected. I'm just
wondering if this can be fixed for other people with my problem in
the future.

I'm talking about this file
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/master/lib/odbc/c_src/odbcserver.c