Send VM Metrics directly to Grafana

Gerhard Lazu gerhard@REDACTED
Mon Oct 28 13:21:48 CET 2019

Hi,

Question: is there a way to send the VM metrics directly to Grafana?

No. You need to use one of the supported data sources (Prometheus is just
one of them): https://grafana.com/docs/features/datasources/

Would Pushgateway work in your case?
https://prometheus.io/docs/practices/pushing/

Influxdb would be my next choice:
https://grafana.com/docs/features/datasources/influxdb/

Linking just in case you haven't seen https://opentelemetry.io/about/ &
https://opencensus.io/exporters/. Notice that Datadog accepts both metrics
& traces. Maybe that would be a low-friction alternative.