Configure Emacs for Erlang development

by by@REDACTED
Mon Nov 4 14:30:08 CET 2019

Hi,

I followed the guide with link (From Adopting Erlang): https://adoptingerlang.org/docs/development/setup/ <https://adoptingerlang.org/docs/development/setup/>
Seems "ivy-erlang-complete" is not properly configured.

Here is some environment information:
Erlang version: Erlang/OTP 22.1.4
Emacs version: GNU Emacs 25.3.1

And here is my related ~/.emacs configuration for Erlang:
====
;; for ivy-erlang-complete
(use-package ivy-erlang-complete
  :ensure t)

;; for delight
(use-package delight
  :ensure t)

;; for flycheck
(use-package flycheck
  :ensure t
  :delight
  :config (global-flycheck-mode))

;; for erlang
(use-package erlang
  :load-path (“/<PATH>/lib/erlang/lib/tools-3.2.1/emacs")
  :hook (after-save . ivy-erlang-complete-reparse)
  :custom (ivy-erlang-complete-erlang-root "/<PATH>/lib/erlang")
  :config (ivy-erlang-complete-init)
  :mode (("\\.erl?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("rebar\\.config$" . erlang-mode)
     ("relx\\.config$" . erlang-mode)
     ("sys\\.config\\.src$" . erlang-mode)
     ("sys\\.config$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\.config\\.src?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\.config\\.script?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\.hrl?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\.app?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\.app.src?$" . erlang-mode)
     ("\\Emakefile" . erlang-mode)))
====

When I restart my emacs with above configuration, I got error message as below:
====
Error (use-package): erlang/:config: Symbol’s function definition is void: ivy-erlang-complete-setup-flycheck
====
I have no clue about what happened.

An example ~/.emacs file related to Erlang would be very helpful.

I searched it with Google, but seems no typical configuration demo/example exist for configuring Emacs with Erlang.

By the way, I want to ask: what kind of editor configuration do you use to develop Erlang every day?

Yao