[erlang-questions] Multiple BEAM nodes on one Linux node — a thought experiment

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Tue May 14 23:12:47 CEST 2019

Hello,

My Mickey-the-Dunce ignorance and curiosity has led me to explore Linux containers. Very cool. Then, a recent conversation with Oliver Korpilla tweaked my wonder nerve:

Is it possible/practical to run multiple BEAM nodes on a single Linux node?

Assume each BEAM node supports an identical web application with a Mnesia backend serving a set of CRUD services— each for a different client.

Has anyone ever done anything along this line?

Best wishes,

LRP

Sent from my iPad