[erlang-questions] Distibuted-Erlang practical case studies / examples

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Mon May 13 05:31:14 CEST 2019

Wikipedia gives these reasons for distribution of data:

Cloud storage is:[6]

Made up of many distributed resources, but still acts as one, either in a federated[8] or a cooperative storage cloudarchitecture
Highly fault tolerant through redundancy and distribution of data
Highly durable through the creation of versioned copies
Typically eventually consistent with regard to data replicas[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_storage

Distributed systems are also used to process “big data.” Look here:

Survey of Parallel Processing on Big Data
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a7a8/58914aae88752d095d9602364a8b9410f471.pdf

See this to see how a Erlang fits into the picture:

Evaluating Scalable Distributed Erlang for Scalability and Reliability
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ielx7/71/7979644/07820204.pdf?tp=&arnumber=7820204&isnumber=7979644&ref=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8=

Leofs is an interesting open source project that is striving to push distribution across global data centers:

https://leo-project.net/leofs/

You can study source here:

https://github.com/leo-project/leofs

Best wishes,