[erlang-questions] SOLVED - no logger output using ?LOG macros in release

Mark Geib mark.geib.44@REDACTED
Wed Mar 27 17:49:12 CET 2019

Just to follow up.

Spent yesterday tracking this all down and there is no issue with the logging macros, etc.
I was not explicitly specifying versions in my rebar.conf and late last week, while I was migrating my
logging to use the macros a new RC release of a dependency was pushed to the HEX repo. This is apparently
when my logging stopped working. Because I do my prod builds with an erlang docker image it was always
grabbing the latest release of all the dependencies, thus getting this new RC release. In dev of course
rebar3 locks the versions used in builds. I also failed to include the rebar.lock file in my repo.

Lesson learned, always use explicit versions of dependencies, and in addition add the rebar.lock to the repo.

Sorry for all the confusion and misleading information.

Mark.