[erlang-questions] Erlang questions

joe mcguckin joe@REDACTED
Mon Mar 25 17:28:30 CET 2019

What’s the main difference between Erlang & Elixir? What web framework is popular with Erlang?
Just as a toy app  for learning a bit of both languages I want to implement a URL shortner.

Something a little bit more complicated than “Hello World!”.

Does a CPU with more cores tend to handle more of a load? If so, it seems to me that a multi-socket
RYZEN platform ought to be a good choice.

Also, I saw a talk given by someone from WhatApp and he mentioned that they had a lot of internal BEAM fixes
for performance speedups. Does anyone know if those fixes have been merged back into the public sources?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications