[erlang-questions] Travis issues while searching for lager

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Mar 25 18:19:55 CET 2019

On 03/25, Caragea Silviu wrote:
>Hello Fred,
>
>Any idea what's be best way to do this in travis config ?
>
>Maybe to add a copy of rebar3 into my repo and run this when compile ?

There are two options. To run the newest rebar3 possible, rather than
checking rebar3 into your repository permanently, you can just use the
S3 link for it and do something like

    curl https://s3.amazonaws.com/rebar3/rebar3 && chmod +x rebar3

And then call ./rebar3 in your commands for S3. If you cache the
~/.cache directory, you may want to also call ./rebar3 update.

If the objective is to lock the plugin, you can force-specify a version
for the plugin on your own terms ({project_plugins, [{Plugin, Version}]}
-- here I use project_plugins because it will _not_ be fetched by parent
projects when you put yours as a dependency)

Those are all options that are nicer than checking in (and downloading)
rebar3 for each project that exists.