[erlang-questions] netmap, UDP, and Erlang

Richard O'Keefe raoknz@REDACTED
Mon Mar 25 05:32:20 CET 2019

I need to do some load testing between two machines;
the protocol is an astronomy protocol layered over UDP
and the data rate is higher than anything I've had my
hands on before.  The system is going to be Ubuntu 18 LTS
and while *eventually* there is going to be a custom FPGA
between the line and the CPU it would be nice to use
something other than Python or C++ for prototyping.

1. Does netmap live up to its promise?
2. Are there there any issues installing it on
   Ubuntu 18?
3. Has anyone used this with Erlang/got any necessary
   glue code?

If this is a bad idea,
I'd find it helpful to be told why.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"
and I am wary of the Dunning-Kruger effect.