[erlang-questions] Beam compiler starts slow

Awsaf Rahman awsafrahman1704@REDACTED
Sun Mar 17 19:52:01 CET 2019

Hello,

I wrote a few simple programs like the Fibonacci Sequence, matrix
multiplication and executed each for a 1000 times and recorded the
execution times required for each iteration in nanoseconds. What I found
was that for the first 50 odd iterations, the execution times were much
higher than the rest of the timings. The execution times at the starting
was much higher but as the iterations went on, it came down to a stable
runtime. Can anyone tell me why that is?