[erlang-questions] State of use_srtp ext in DTLS and TLS 1.3 support.

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Thu Mar 14 13:51:56 CET 2019

Hi!

Den tors 14 mars 2019 kl 12:29 skrev Albin Stigö <albin.stigo@REDACTED>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an Erlang WebRTC peer client (to send audio/video to
> the browser).
>
> WebRTC requires dtls-srtp and that in turn requires:
>
> 1. The use_srtp extension for key exchange.

We will be implementing this as part of TLS-1.3 that we are currently
working on, and we will have something runnable for OTP-22.0, although we
are not promising that it will complete or that use_srtp will be part of
OTP-22.0

> 2. Multiplexing of stun/turn/srtp packets on the socket.
>
> I know there's been work towards use_srtp and it's even in the source,
> but commented out. Ingela has been working on it for OTP 2, I believe,
> is there an ETA on this feature?

Is multiplexing on the DTLS socket already possible using the cb_info?
> Has anyone tried that?
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-October/096457.html

The code has been written to make such extensions possible. There might be
a need for more callbacks. I have not really had time to work on that as
TLS-1.3, optimizations and erlang distribution over TLS has been
prioritized higher.  Suggestions are welcome.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB