[erlang-questions] [Code Review] Is this a good idea? I linking 3 process manually (not using recursive)

bengt cean.ebengt@REDACTED
Sun Mar 10 08:48:55 CET 2019

Conflating the function (or even more often, module) and the process is a common mistake in the beginning. When my fellow programmers are experienced, but not used to process oriented programming, I have found that it helps to put the code that is run in different process in different modules. Ex: one module with the interface functions to a gen_server and one module for the gen_server callbacks. Seasoned Erlang programmers will tell you this is not the OTP way, or a waste of modules. So only do this until you have a better understanding.

bengt