[erlang-questions] Docker enviroment variables in releases ?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Sat Mar 2 10:00:21 CET 2019

Hello,

I’ve built a simple wrapper over application:env and os:get_env for this type of purpose.
https://github.com/fogfish/feta/blob/master/src/opts.erl

In sys.config you define
```
{myapp, [
   {port, {env, "CONFIG_MYAPP_PORT", "8080”}}
```

In erlang code:
```
Port = opts:val(port, myapp)
```
Then this function would check value of CONFIG_MYAPP_PORT variable and return it. The default value is return if env is not defined.

If any one finds this feature useful for other projects, I can think of evolving this feature further on.

Best Regards,
Dmitry