[erlang-questions] How to debug erlang

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Wed Jun 19 16:57:19 CEST 2019

I suggest getting into the habit of using tracing. It's one of
Erlang's game changing features.

In a pinch, print to stdout. But once you become proficient at
tracing, it's very fast.

I've been doing a lot Python programming lately (machine learning) and
miss the ability to observe a program without a) modifying it or b)
tediously stepping through code.

I haven't use this but based on the author I already know it's excellent :)

https://ferd.github.io/recon/recon_trace.html

Perhaps there are others folks can recommend. I personally found the
built-in dbg interface quite complex and wrote something for e2.

Garrett