[erlang-questions] SIP protocol stack in Erlang/OTP

Ali Shirvani aj.shirvani@REDACTED
Wed Jun 12 15:39:23 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm new to Erlang/OTP. According to Erlang history, the main purpose of
this language is telephony systems. I found that there are lots of related
modules such as ASN.1 parser and Diameter. But I didn't find any SIP module
in Erlang/OTP official libraries. It's hard to imagine a programming
language that developed for telecom purposes and doesn't offer  a module
for the most useful telecom protocol such as SIP.

So my question is why Erlang/OTP doesn't provide an official SIP stack? I
found NkSIP but it seems it doesn't maintain anymore.

Regards,
Ali