[erlang-questions] Best choice for complex data structure

zxq9@REDACTED zxq9@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 12:11:55 CET 2019

On 2019年1月24日木曜日 12時43分52秒 JST you wrote:
> I found that lenses gives reasonable good abstraction to deal with deeply nested structures.

That said, I find that very often things like lenses are "chindougu": Unuseless inventions.
They solve problems that would never have existed had more thought been given to the actual shape of data within the program in question.

That's not always true, but quite often it is.

Come to think of it, much of the most heavily hyped efforts in software are chindougu.

-Craig