[erlang-questions] Is there anyway to share NIF resource type among NIF modules?

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Tue Jan 8 14:20:10 CET 2019

The reasonable way would be to use a ref-counted pointer to struct which
will be shared by both NIF modules. I believe it must also be allocated
somewhere in VM memory in case both NIF modules get unloaded. As C is not
particularly famous for its smart refc pointers, you will have to find a
library or do it yourself, and hook the refc check onto both NIF resource
free functions.