[erlang-questions] remsh failing silently

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 17:07:55 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 10:42 AM Ameretat Reith <ameretat.reith@REDACTED> wrote:

> Can you check $TERM and whether terminfo is known to ncurses? Can connect with TERM=xterm?

I've managed to make some progress with terminfo.

By copying the terminfo directory from the ncurses build directory to
the target machine, and pointing the TERMINFO variable at this
database, I was able to able to get Ctrl-G working.

This also solved the remsh issue.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the standard /usr/share/terminfo
database from RHEL, but using this custom database makes Erlang a lot
happier.

I'm also not sure what the best way is to distribute the terminfo DB -
I imagine most OTP installs assume the existence of the OS standard
libncurses?