[erlang-questions] Should we deprecate or modernize log_mf_h and rb?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Fri Feb 15 23:45:56 CET 2019

Yeah, the main thing the rotation mechanism is missing  in our handler as
well is renumbering of existing files; it also simply increments the number
as it goes, and you have to sort on timestamps to see which one is the
latest. Hence, I can't recommend it as is unless you don't mind that sort
of bother. On the other hand, clear text logs are nice. Somehow, there's
always been something more important to do than improve the log numbering,
but that's how it is.

        /Richard