exception exit: timeout in gen_server:call

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed Dec 4 15:54:00 CET 2019

For metrics and tracing the pgo (https://github.com/erleans/pgo) library is a Postgres lib with built in pool that is currently instrumented with telemetry (https://github.com/beam-telemetry/telemetry) for metrics and can optionally create spans with opencensus (https://github.com/census-instrumentation/opencensus-erlang).

Hm, looks like I haven't yet added the `queue_time`to the metrics, I'll try to remember to do that soon when I replace OpenCensus with OpenTelemetry (https://github.com/open-telemetry/opentelemetry-erlang) https://opentelemetry.io/. At the same time I'll be expanding the available metrics to include information about the pool.

So only the query time is sent in the telemetry event at this time.

Tristan