[erlang-questions] Erlang version confusion

Fred Youhanaie fly@REDACTED
Wed Aug 21 16:34:07 CEST 2019

Hi Lloyd

> $ erl
> Erlang/OTP 22 [erts-10.4] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [hipe]

If you typed this right after kerl install, then 22.0 would have been active.

> However, when I try to rebuild my Nitrogen app, it still builds under Erlang Version 19.0.

I imagine this was run on a fresh shell session, so 22.0 was no longer active.

> Here's kerl status:
>
> $ kerl status
> Available builds:
> 21.1,21.1
> 21.1,21.1-builtdocs
> 22.0,22.0
> ----------
> Available installations:
> 21.1 /home/lloyd/Kerl/21.1
> 22.0 /home/lloyd/Kerl/22.0
> No Erlang/OTP installation is currently active

To make 22.0 active, use the following

	source /home/lloyd/Kerl/22.0/activate

this should put the 22.0 directories in front of the 19.0 in the environment PATHs

use deactivate to undo the above.

> Looks like it might be useful to bring Version 19.0 under kerl. But, problem, I don't know how to decommission the old 19.0 installation.

See the other Fred's reply :)

Cheers,
Fred