[erlang-questions] Release c_src dependencies

Molinaro, Anthony anthonym@REDACTED
Sun Apr 14 03:19:43 CEST 2019

Also I embed that (with many rpm packaging fixes) in

https://github.com/openx/rebar3_build_rpm

And gave a talk about packaging erlang projects at Beam.SF in 2018

https://youtu.be/AXY0d0YXQSU

Even though it says rpm it should be able to build a deb as well.

HTH,

-Anthony

On Apr 13, 2019, at 6:15 PM, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED<mailto:max.lapshin@REDACTED>> wrote:

Or https://gist.github.com/maxlapshin/6251523

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 2:08 PM Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED<mailto:roger@REDACTED>> wrote:
On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 11:59, Albin Stigö <albin.stigo@REDACTED<mailto:albin.stigo@REDACTED>> wrote:
> I have an application with a bundled fairly complex cnode linked
> against GNURadio (that in itself has a lot of dependencies libboost
> among others). I'm now in the process of creating a release and
> thinking about ways to satisfy dependencies with minimal fuss. I can
> think about a few ways but am unsure about the best option.

What's your target OS (and distribution)? Since we target Ubuntu, we
just package our Erlang releases as deb files and make sure the deb's
dependencies are set correctly. This includes packaging various other
components (the cnode in your example, I guess) as separate debs.

For packaging the deb, you could use the Debian packaging scripts,
which are kinda awkward to use, or you could just use the fpm gem.