[erlang-questions] Erlang performance for network VPN/firewall tasks?

Ameretat Reith ameretat.reith@REDACTED
Sat Sep 1 23:11:42 CEST 2018

I don't know for NAT, but for VPN we managed to reach 700Mbps using
tunctl and enacl poly1305-xsalsa20 on standard Xeon E3 servers. Good
point is you will have great concurrency and your server won't break
(as IPSec do) on high number of users, bad point is you have no
control over some low-level optimizations or may be throttled by
erlang itself; as it happened for upload speed to us because of UDP
receive problems been talked recently in list.