[erlang-questions] leader election ?

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Fri Oct 19 10:22:44 CEST 2018

Thomas Elsgaard <thomas.elsgaard@REDACTED> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
okt. 19., P, 6:39):

> Hi list!
>
> I am running 2 instances of an application ( seperate datacenters), both receives indentical data on TCP sockets, but only one of the applications should process it further downstream.
>
> Any suggestions to what is the "simplest" way to have a kind of leader election ? Both applications must be running, but must have knowledge about their own role (active or passive) in order to decide if the data should be processed downstream.

When the OSPF routing protocol selects a designated router on a
broadcast network, it selects the router with the highest router ID
(which is the highest IP address of the node, unless otherwise
configured, if I remember correctly). So if both nodes are up, select
the one with the higher IP address.