[erlang-questions] [ANN] Alexander 0.1.0 - a call cycle detector for Erlang

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Sun Oct 14 21:01:09 CEST 2018

Here's a weekend project I've been meaning to try for a while. It uses a
parse transform to keep track of what processes are blocked doing a
synchronous call to another process. If it detects a loop it will throw
an exception (with the information on the cycle attached).

There's more documentation and background over on github:

https://github.com/Vagabond/erlang-alexander

I haven't used it in anger yet, but hopefully it proves useful to anyone
dealing with mysteriously stuck OTP processes.

Andrew