[erlang-questions] Dirty NIF - classifying as CPU or I/O bound

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Sun Oct 14 16:58:43 CEST 2018

On 14 October 2018 at 14:44, Stanislaw Klekot <erlang.org@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Why do you insist on using ill-suited mechanism of NIFs that will
> most probably destablilize your BEAM machine? Ports were designed
> specifically so you can easily run foreign code without causing problems
> to the VM.

Why do you insist on *telling me something that I already know*? Assume
that there are other things going on (that I'm not going to tell you about,
because they're not relevant to the question) that make using a NIF the
right trade-off even with the stability risks.