[erlang-questions] problems with rebar3 releases and on_load functions

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Oct 11 12:16:29 CEST 2018

Presumably your rebar release is using interactive mode (your module
isn't loaded at startup) while your rebar3 release is using embedded
mode (your mode is loaded at startup).

On 10/11/18 12:06 PM, Caragea Silviu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a project that compiles ok using both rebar and rebar3, also
> works ok with both If I start it from command line like:
>
> erl -pa _build/default/lib/*/ebin -config _build/configs/app.config
>
> But is not starting with a rebar3 release.
>
> I'm getting a crash like:
>
> =erl_crash_dump:0.3
> Thu Oct 11 12:55:14 2018
> Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
> ({application_start_failure,kernel,{{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,kernel_safe_sup,{on_load_function_failed,erlpool_globals}}},{kernel,start,[normal,[]
> System version: Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.3.5.5] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8]
> [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:true] [dtrace]
> Compiled: Sat Aug 11 23:57:43 2018
>
> The erlpool_globals code is :
> https://github.com/silviucpp/erlpool/blob/master/src/erlpool_globals.erl
> . Basically it's just a stub module that's compiled dynamically and
> replace at runtime . I created this to avoid static code analyzer errors
> in IntelliJ.
>
> Also it's strange because if I change do_not_load() to return ok it's
> working :)
>
> Any hints ?
>
> Silviu

Loïc Hoguin