[erlang-questions] Issue in killing the process

Prakash Parmar prakash.parmar@REDACTED
Tue Oct 9 12:18:20 CEST 2018

As mentioned in exit/2<http://erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html#exit-2> doc,

 "... If Reason is the atom normal, Pid does not exit. If it is trapping exits, the exit signal is transformed into a message {'EXIT', From, normal} and delivered to its message queue. ..."

use exit(whereis(Pid), Reason), where Reason will be anything than normal .

/Cheers
Prakash

________________________________
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED <erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED> on behalf of shiva <gattushivakrishna@REDACTED>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:19:45 PM
To: Joe Armstrong; Erlang Questions
Subject: [erlang-questions] Issue in killing the process

Hi all,

     In my application, I spawned a process and registered with a name.
That process will do multiple rpc async calls. After making async calls,
I tried to kill the process using exit(whereis(process_name), normal)
but process is still existing and results of async call are yielded.
Can you please suggest how can I kill the process and results should not
be yielded?

Regards,
Gattu shivakrishna.