[erlang-questions] Upcoming change for sys:log, please evaluate

Thu Nov 29 08:05:17 CET 2018

Hello list!

I just want to bring attention to that I am proposing changes for sys:log,
it is only (I hope) undocumented and misimplemented (not according to
documentation) things that are changed, but they are on ancient code that
some might depend on anyway...

See https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/2035.

The purpose is to clean up sys:log(Server, {true,N}) so it gets good enough
performance and so that the last N messages will be visible in the
terminate report if this feature is activated.  As a debug feature,
perhaps even useful in production.

Please evaluate!