[erlang-questions] Video Topic Ideas

Oliver Korpilla Oliver.Korpilla@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 09:21:49 CET 2018

Hello.

I gave it a thought and the thing I have struggled the most with at some point was how to read both Erlang and elixir open source project code.

I personally would be interested most in design patterns or techniques that make Erlang projects most readable to others as inevitably any code will pass on to others.

Anyway, good project. I was disappointed to find this great website codingame.com support a big variety of languages and not a single one from BEAM. Evangelism is needed and valuable in any form. :)

Oliver

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. November 2018 um 05:36 Uhr
Von: "Brady Powers" <powers_brady@REDACTED>
An: "Zachary Kessin" <zkessin@REDACTED>
Cc: "Erlang Questions" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Betreff: Re: [erlang-questions] Video Topic Ideas

I continue to think the “getting started” story in Erlang is a bit weak. Getting someone set up with rebar3 and generating a new escript, and maybe throwing in a dependency or two might be a nice video, if not already done.

Erlang already has a unique syntax, and concurrent Erlang, and OTP, which is a lot to learn. Getting people into the write compile run loop faster can only help.

Sent from my iPhone